Are you in the market for new tires for your Ram 1500? Look no further! We’ve done the research and tests and compiled a list of the top 10 best tires for your Ram 1500, whether you’re looking for all-season, winter, all-terrain, or off-road options.
Here are our top choices for drivers in a hurry who don’t have time to read it all – The Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S is our top pick for all-season tires, providing certified winter performance without sacrificing on-road manners. For budget-friendly options, the Kumho Crugen HT51 is an excellent choice, offering reliable performance at a great price. The Firestone Destination LE3 is a mid-priced option offering superior price value. And for those looking for a superior option, the Michelin Defender Premier LTX M/S is a top choice, delivering exceptional performance and durability.
From budget-friendly options to superior tires, our list has something for everyone. So, whether you’re hitting the highway or the back roads, these tires will ensure a smooth and safe ride. Keep reading to find the perfect fit for your Ram 1500.
With that covered, let’s jump straight to our roundup of the top 10 tires for Dodge Ram 1500. If you looking for 275/60R20 tire for Ram truck then click here.
1 Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S – Best all-terrain/season tire for Ram 1500
The Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S is our best choice in this list thanks to its exceptional performance in any road condition. It’s a perfect tire for anyone who owns a Ram 1500 and wants a versatile all-terrain tire that can handle various driving conditions.
The AT3 4S is designed to provide reliable grip on wet and dry surfaces, making it an ideal tire for any weather condition. Its unique 5-rib all-terrain pattern also helps handle road challenges, such as rocky or smooth terrain, rain or shine.
One of the standout features of this tire is its Adaptive-Traction™ Technology, which will help you grip the surface, whether it is rocky or smooth.
Not to mention its 65,000-mile limited treadwear warranty, which is quite impressive and offers peace of mind to buyers. Additionally, the Cooper is giving you a complimentary 45-day road test, which allows you to test the tire’s performance and see if it meets your expectations before making a purchase.
AT3 4S delivers just as good winter capability as in any other weather condition – thanks to its zigzag sipes and sophisticated tread design that make it capable of handling heavy snowfall and slippery conditions with ease and without compromising on comfort.
Now let’s speak of what’s wrong with this tire. In our research, some users have found that the tires are “a bit noisy on the highway” and that “the handling is not as smooth as other tires”. However, considering the AT3 4S’s off-road capabilities, its UTQG treadwear rating of 620 is impressive, making it a superb option for those looking for a tire that can handle off-road adventures.
Overall, the Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S is an excellent all-terrain tire that offers an outstanding balance of on-road manners and off-road capability. Plus, it has all the add-ons, including a 65,000-mile limited treadwear warranty and test before commit policy. The AT3 4S is the perfect option if you don’t mind a bit of noise while driving.
- 65,000-mile limited treadwear warranty on euro-metric sizes
- It offers excellent off-road grip and traction
- Delivers good performance on wet and dry surfaces
- It provides a comfortable ride
- It has a 3 Peak Mountain Snowflake symbol which indicates excellent winter capabilities
- It may not be as quiet as some other all-terrain tires on the market
- Some users have reported that the tire may wear out a bit faster than some other all-terrain tires
2 BFGoodrich ALL-TERRAIN T/A KO2
If you want a durable and versatile all-terrain tire for your truck and, for some reason, didn’t like Cooper, the BFGoodrich ALL-TERRAIN T/A KO2 is worth considering. With its superior sidewall design and optimal tread capability, this tire is built to handle harsh environments and provide long wear.
Some of the best parts about this tire that are worth a mention include its enhanced toughness and rigidity. With a three-ply polyester carcass, this tire delivers a stiffer tread area for more precise steering response, better cornering control, and impressive bruise resistance. Additionally, it features cut-and-chip resistant casing, which helps to prevent damage from rocks and other debris on the road.
The T/A KO2 offers exceptional traction in a variety of conditions. Whether driving on hard-packed surfaces like dirt and gravel or navigating through mud, you won’t lose your grip and control. It’s even usable for rock crawling, making it an ideal choice for off-road enthusiasts.
Coming to the performance part, the BFGoodrich T/A KO2 is a well-rounded tire that excels in many areas. Its tread design promotes even wear and delivers solid braking, cornering, and maneuvering capabilities. It’s also a superior choice for all seasons, as it’s designed to perform well in both hot and cold temperatures.
Like all things, this tire, too, has some drawbacks, off-course. First off, T/A KO2 is not available in as many sizes as some other all-terrain tires on the market. The tire can be termed as noisy for some drivers. However, it does come with a long 50,000-mile treadwear warranty, which can make some TO adjust to that extra bit of noise.
Overall, the BFGoodrich ALL-TERRAIN T/A KO2 is an excellent tire that offers an outstanding balance of toughness, versatility, and performance. It’s not the cheapest option, but it’s worth considering if you want a tire that lasts longer and provides remarkable performance on and off-road. As someone who worked in this field for over a decade, I recommend this tire as a top-performing option, coming in as the 2nd best on my list.
- Improved tread life compared to previous versions of the tire
- Strong traction in both wet and dry conditions
- Durable construction and resistant to punctures
- Higher cost compared to some other all-terrain tires
- It may produce more road noise than some other tires
- Not the best tire for use in extreme off-road conditions, such as rock crawling
- Not suitable for use in deep snow.
3 Pirelli Scorpion A/T PLUS – Best winter tires off-road tire for Ram 1500
The SCORPION A/T PLUS series by Pirelli is a solid choice for the Ram 1500, offering a balanced blend of on-road civility and off-road capability. The aggressive tread pattern and durable tread compound provide excellent traction in various conditions, making it an adaptable tire for all-season use.
The highlights of the tire include its self-cleaning conical stone ejectors, which help to clear mud and debris from the tread, improving traction and prolonging the tire’s life. To top it off, the SCORPION A/T PLUS is rated for severe snow conditions, making it a suitable option for those who live in areas with heavy snowfall.
Regarding on-road performance, the SCORPION ALL TERRAIN PLUS delivers a smooth and comfortable ride with low road noise, which is a pleasant surprise for an all-terrain tire. Pirelli has also optimized the compound for wear, durability, and traction, making it a reliable option that can last up to 50,000 miles, backed by a treadwear warranty.
So all in all, the Pirelli SCORPION ALL TERRAIN PLUS is an ideal choice for Ram 1500 owners looking for a tire that can handle both on and off-road conditions, with good traction, a quiet ride, and a relatively long tread life. Its aggressive tread pattern and durable compound make it suitable for all-season use, and its severe snow rating provides added confidence during winter.
- Offers a balanced blend of on-road civility with off-road capability
- It has an aggressive tread pattern and durable tread compound for confident off-road performance
- Provides excellent traction on a variety of surfaces, including mud, gravel, wet, and sand
- It has conical stone ejectors for self-cleaning and low road noise
- Severe snow rated
- 50,000-mile treadwear warranty
- A lot of users have reported that the tire is generally quiet but may produce more road noise on certain surfaces
- It is probably not the cheapest tire in the segment.
4 Michelin Defender LTX M/S – Best all-season tire
At No.4 on our list of top tires for Ram 1500 is Michelin Defender LTX M/S – A fantastic choice if you are looking for a tire that’s not just durable but which is also all-season. It boasts several impressive features that make it stand out from the competition.
Firstly, the Defender LTX M/S is built to last. It equips Michelin’s Evertread compound, which holds up to harsh conditions better than generic compounds. It means the tire will last longer and provide better tread life, even in severe conditions.
In terms of performance, the tire gives you dependable traction on both wet and dry roads. Its symmetric tread design and high-density 3-D Active Sipes work together to provide reliable grip, regardless of the weather. Additionally, the tire’s braking system is top-notch, allowing for shorter braking distances and greater control.
Another significant aspect of the Michelin Defender LTX M/S is its comfort and noise level. The tire is designed to provide a smooth and quiet ride, making it a perfect choice for those who spend a lot of time on the highway.
Coming to the fitment, the Michelin Defender LTX M/S is available in various sizes, load ranges, and speed ratings. It can fit wheels as small as 15 inches up to 22 inches, making it a versatile option for any Ram 1500 truck.
In all, the Michelin Defender LTX M/S is a superior all-season tire that is perfect for Ram 1500 truck owners who value longevity, performance, and comfort. It is a dependable choice for those who frequently drive on wet and dry roads in all seasons and want a tire that can handle severe conditions. However, if you are looking for a tire specifically designed for off-road performance, there may be better options than this one.
- Superior tread life in severe conditions thanks to Evertread technology
- Firm grip and reduced braking distance on wet roads
- Good traction on snow compared to competitors
- Comfortable and quiet on the road
- Available in a wide variety of fitment sizes and load ranges
- Strong and durable construction
- It may not perform as well in deep mud or heavy off-roading conditions
- Some drivers may find the ride to be less smooth than other tires
- The price may be higher than some of the other options.
5 Continental TerrainContact H/T – Best towing tires for Ram 1500
The Continental TerrainContact H/T is an all-season highway tire meant for towing and comfort travels and boasts many features that make it a decent option for light trucks, SUVs, and crossover drivers.
For starters, its TractionPlus technology delivers excellent wet and dry traction year-round. The tire boasts durable treadwear, providing long-lasting tread life. Additionally, the TerrainContact H/T offers a quiet and comfortable ride, which makes it an excellent option for those who do a lot of highway driving.
In terms of fitment, the TerrainContact H/T is available in a wide range of sizes, making it a superb option for drivers of the Ram 1500 truck. Not to mention the 60,000-mile limited manufacturer tread life warranty for R- and S-rated and LT-metric sizes, and a 70,000-mile limited manufacturer tread life warranty for T- and H-rated sizes, giving you peace of mind when it comes to the longevity of the tire.
So while the Continental TerrainContact H/T may not be the top choice on the list of 10 best tires for the Ram 1500 truck, it is still a solid option for those who keep hitting highways every other day and prioritize durability, year-round traction, and comfortable ride. If you’re looking for a tire built to last and can handle the demands of towing, the TerrainContact H/T is worth considering.
- It provides excellent wet and dry traction, making it suitable for year-round use.
- It has a durable tread design that allows for long-lasting treadwear.
- The tire offers good highway performance and stability.
- Upto 70,000-mile limited manufacturer tread life warranty for T- and H-rated sizes.
- Not specifically designed for off-road usage, although it can perform decently off-road.
- It may not provide the same level of performance in snowy or icy conditions as a dedicated winter tire.
- It may not be the best choice for intense towing or hauling heavy loads.
- Some users have reported that the tire can be noisy at high speeds.
6 KUMHO Crugen HT51 All Season Highway
Next up is the Kumho Crugen HT51- an all-season highway tire for their Ram 1500. As a highway tire, it excels in standard and workload applications, providing reliable performance in all weather conditions. The Crugen HT51 offers reasonable value for the price, with exceptional performance at a reasonable cost.
Crugen HT51 offers road hazard protection, giving drivers added peace of mind on the highway. Additionally, it provides a smooth and quiet ride, making for a comfortable driving experience.
The series offers a wide range of options, from 15-inch to 20-inch truck and SUV sizes, making it an excellent choice for various vehicles. Crugen HT51 is best suited for those who primarily drive on the highway and want a tire that will provide good all-season traction, durability, and comfort.
However, it’s important to note that while the Crugen HT51 is a good all-season tire, it’s not designed for off-road or heavy-duty use. There may be better options if you’re looking for a tire that can handle more rugged terrain.
Overall, the Kumho Crugen HT51 is a tire for light pickup trucks that run mostly on highways. With its road hazard protection, smooth and quiet ride, and wide range of sizes, it’s an ideal option for those who mainly drive on the highway and want a tire that will provide good all-season traction, durability, and comfort.
- Durable treadwear
- Reasonably priced
- All-season performance and touring tire that can handle various weather conditions
- Designed for long highway trips
- Not suitable for off-road use
- Not as good as handling in snowy conditions
- Not as well-known as other tire brands
- Some customers have reported issues with uneven wear.
7 Nitto Ridge Grappler
The Nitto Ridge Grappler is a versatile and durable tire that offers pickup truck drivers the best of both worlds. As the 7th option in the list of 10 best tires for Ram 1500, the Ridge Grappler offers a unique combination of off-road capabilities and on-road comfort, making it an ideal choice for drivers who want a tire that can handle both the highway and the trails.
The tire’s aggressive tread pattern provides excellent traction in off-road and on-road conditions. Its massive sidewall and staggered shoulder lugs deliver an uncompromising grip in soft and challenging terrains. The alternating shoulder grooves quickly clear mud from the tread, increasing traction in off-road conditions.
Furthermore, the Ridge Grappler also offers decent on-road performance. The tire’s hybrid tread pattern provides a smooth and comfortable ride on the highway, and its reinforced block foundation adds rigidity to the tread blocks to reduce flex, which helps to improve handling and stability.
Another critical aspect of the NRG tire is its durability. The tire’s durable compound is designed to resist wear and tear, making it an ideal choice for drivers who want a tire that can go the distance. A 65,000-mile tread life warranty also backs it to keep you at ease, knowing that the tires will last for a long time.
Overall, with its combination of off-road capabilities and on-road comfort, the Nitto Ridge Grappler is an ideal choice for drivers who want a tire that can handle both the highway and the trails.
- Dual sidewall design for a stylish and aggressive look
- Reinforced block foundation for added rigidity and reduced flex
- Stone ejectors to protect the bottom of the groove from stone drilling
- Good performance in both on- and off-road conditions
- Durable compound for long-lasting tread wear
- It may not perform as well in extreme off-road conditions
- Some users have reported that the tires are a bit noisy on the highway
- Not ideal for snowy or icy conditions
8 Yokohama GEOLANDAR MT G003 – Best mud-terrain tire
Only a few people may have heard of this tire brand, but this brand earned it. The Yokohama’s GEOLANDAR MT G003 is an exceptional mud-terrain tire for the Ram 1500. It is engineered with the latest GEO-SHIELD technology, which provides rock-solid durability and crushing performance. The aggressive tread pattern and massive sidewall lugs provide an unyielding grip in soft and challenging off-road terrains. The alternating shoulder grooves rapidly clear mud from the tread pattern, increasing traction for off-road performance that thrills.
The tire’s highlight includes its impressive tread life. With a 45,000-mile warranty, this tire is built to last and withstand the punishment of even the most demanding trails. It is perfect for drivers who frequently travel off the beaten path and want a durable tire to go the distance.
The GEOLANDAR MT G003 provides a comfortable and stable ride on the highway. It’s designed to minimize road noise and improve wet traction, making it an excellent option for those who spend a significant amount of time on the road.
All in all, the Yokohama GEOLANDAR MT G003 is best for Ram drivers who frequent off-road and demand exceptional durability and performance from their tires. However, those who prioritize a quiet and smooth ride on the highway may want to consider other options.
- Built with GEO-SHIELD construction, providing exceptional durability and resistance to damage from off-road terrain
- Innovative tread pattern for excellent on- and off-road grip
- 45,000-mile warranty
- Provides maximum traction and durability in off-beaten paths
- It may produce some road noise
- More suitable for off-road use, it may have compromised performance on wet or smooth roads
- Higher cost than other tire options available.
9 Falken Wildpeak A/T3W – Best aggressive thread tires for deep snow
And here comes the one from Falken. The Wildpeak A/T3W is another impressive all-terrain tire to make into this list. This tire is engineered for adventure at any time and in any weather, making it a perfect choice for those who frequently drive on rugged terrain and in varying weather conditions.
Speaking of the devil, the Falken Wildpeak A/T3W offers aggressive off-road ability. With one of the deepest all-terrain tread depths in the industry, this tire has an extended tread life and performs well in extreme snow conditions. The tread design is also optimized for wear, winter, and wet performance, making it a great all-around tire.
That said, the tire features heat diffuser technology in the lower sidewall that dissipates heat to protect the internal tire components to help provide a smooth and comfortable ride on the highway.
Another thing worth mentioning is the aspect of the Falken Wildpeak A/T3W is its durable rubber. This tire is crafted from highly long-lasting rubber, so you won’t have to replace it as often as other tires.
All in all, if you’re looking for a tire that can handle various driving conditions and is built to last, the Falken Wildpeak A/T3W is an excellent choice. However, this may not be the best option if you’re looking for a tire specifically designed for highway driving.
- All-terrain, rugged all-weather capability
- Heat diffuser technology in the lower sidewall to dissipate heat and protect internal tire components
- The optimized tread design and silica tread compound for excellent performance in wear, winter, and wet conditions
- Deep all-terrain tread depth for extended tread life and performance in extreme snow conditions
- Not as effective in deep snow and loose surface conditions as some specialized winter tires
- Some customers have reported a shorter tread life than expected.
10 Goodyear Eagle Touring A/S Radial Tire
And at no. 10 is the Goodyear Eagle Touring all-season radial tire – a reliable option for drivers of Ram 1500s who prioritize luxury performance and comfort on the road. This tire features an optimized tread pattern that reduces noise and provides a smooth ride. Additionally, the tread design includes circumferential grooves that efficiently eject water from the contact patch, improving wet traction and handling.
Eagle Touring offers impressive all-season performance capabilities. The biting edges in the tread provide confident traction in dry, wet, and light snow conditions, making it a versatile option for drivers in areas with variable weather patterns.
This tire also boasts an extended tread life, making it a cost-effective choice for those who drive 15,000-20,000 miles annually.
However, it is worth noting that the Goodyear Eagle Touring may not be the best option for those who frequently drive off-road or in extreme snow conditions. While the tire is designed to perform well in light snow, it may not provide the same level of off-road traction and durability as other tires.
In all fairness, the Goodyear Eagle Touring all-season radial tire is an excellent option for those who prioritize comfort and high-performance on-road driving. Its all-season capabilities and durability make it a decent choice for Ram 1500 owners who drive primarily on paved roads and encounter various weather conditions. But if your specific use case is mostly going off-road or in extreme snow, you will want to avoid this.
- All-season performance, with good traction and handling in dry, wet, and light snow conditions
- Optimized tread pattern for a smooth and quiet ride
- Goodyear’s reputation for quality and durability
- The tire may eat up a bit of your mileage.
- It may not perform as well in heavy snow or off-road conditions as dedicated winter or off-road tires.
- More expensive than some other options in the market
BUYING GUIDE: What to look for in your new tires?
When buying tires, there are a few things to consider:
- First, make sure to check the size of the tires that are recommended for your specific make and model of vehicle. It should match the information provided in your owner’s manual or car door jamb. You can even check that on your current tires installed on your truck.
- Next, check the tire code, DOT code, and UTQG code to ensure the tire meets safety standards and has the appropriate load and speed ratings. [ Pro tip: Select a tire with a speed rating that meets or exceeds your vehicle’s top speed. ]
- Then you will want to consider the type of tire best suited for your needs and driving habits. For example, consider all-season or winter tires if you frequently drive in wet or snowy conditions.
- Remember, all-season tires are designed to perform well in various weather conditions, but season-specific tires may perform better in specific weather conditions.
- Look for tires with good fuel economy ratings, as this will help save money on gas in the long run.
- Check the warranty offered by the tire manufacturer, as this will protect against defects or other issues.
- Additionally, consider the noise level of the tire, as tires with lower noise levels will provide a more comfortable driving experience.
- Finally, research the tires you shortlisted to see if most people had any issues with them.
What kind of tires comes on a Ram 1500?
The Ram 1500 comes with various tire options depending on the model and trim level, but standard sizes include P275/65R18, P275/55/R20, and 285/45R22. Brands such as Goodyear, Falken, and Bridgestone are often used as original equipment.
How long should Ram 1500 tires last?
Ram 1500 tires typically last between 50,000 to 60,000 miles, depending on driving habits, road conditions, and other factors. Factors that affect the longevity of your tires include roadway conditions, driving/braking habits, temperatures, and frequency of driving. Some tires have a warranty of up to 70,000 miles.
What is the biggest tire for the Ram 1500?
The biggest tire that can fit on a stock Ram 1500 without modifications is around 35 inches. However, with some modifications, such as cutting bigger wheel wells, trimming the body mounts, and rolling the fenders, it may be possible to fit tires measuring up to 39 inches or more.