Wondering what is the difference between Ram 1500 Tradesman and Express? Let’s find out!
You have many options if you’re in the market for a Ram 1500. There are several trim levels, each with a bit of a twist. Although the Ram 1500 Tradesman and Express have many similarities, there are some critical differences in the trim levels to consider before buying your next truck.
Ram 1500 Tradesman /Express are workhorses meant to fulfill all your demands for work and leisure. The most significant difference between the two is that, unlike Express trim, Tradesman has Vinyl mat flooring, standard steel wheels, and NO front fog light. Express comes with a high-end carpeted floor, stylish and lightweight alloy wheels, and front fog lights.
With that set aside, let’s compare the Ram 1500 Tradesman and Express trims to help you decide which one is right for you.
Key differences – Ram 1500 Tradesman Vs. Express
- Ram 1500 classic Tradesman and Express are both work trucks with a twist of fun, where’s first being for work specific and the second for both. They both have a two & four-wheel drive option.
- Ram 1500 tradesman has a black colored grille, front, and rear bumper, while Express has a body-colored grille and bumpers.
- Tradesman comes with a bed liner and hitch as standard equipment, while they are optional in the Ram 1500 Express.
- The Ram 1500 Express has front fog lights, while the Tradesman doesn’t.
- The most notable difference between the two trims is 20-inch wheels, which you get off the showroom only with Tradesman.
- Only the gas-powered V6 engine is offered for the Tradesman, while Express has both options.
- The Tradesman has steel wheels, whereas the Express has lighter and more stylish alloy wheels.
- Ram Express cab styles carpet flooring, which makes it look more stylish and luxurious, while Tradesman offers more durable and work-focused Vinyl-mat flooring.
- The Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) for the 2022 Ram 1500 Tradesman base model starts at $37,995 and $40,305 for Express.
Got your new Ram? It’s time to program your garage door with it now.
Key similarities – Ram 1500 Tradesman & Express
- 1500 Ram Tradesman and Express have a lot in common. In fact, the whole Ram 1500 lineup is a workhorse that is built to last.
- Both trims offer 3.6-liter EcoDiesel and 5.7L HEMI engine options that produce 305 hp/ 269 lb-ft and 390.2 hp/410.0 lb-ft of torque, respectively, for towing and hauling light to mid loads.
- They also share identical rear-wheel drive and eight-speed automatic transmission.
- The front and rear styles of Tradesman and Express are comparable, including a four-door design, similar grille, powertrain, sculpted sides/edges, LED lighting, and a muscular hood.
- The Tradesman and Express trims have nearly identical interiors with high-end cloth seats for up to five adults. Both come with a sound system and climate management system.
- The Ram 1500 classic Tradesman and Express are terrific trucks for those who need a heavy-load vehicle. They are two durable models and can handle a lot of wear and tear.
Which truck is right for you
The Ram 1500 Tradesman model is an excellent choice for those who need a truck that can handle a lot of work. It is durable and has many features that make it ideal for working in all conditions.
If you don’t mind sacrificing some style for function, then the Tradesman is the right choice.
For those who want a vehicle that looks great while still being able to do a lot of work, the Ram 1500 Express is an excellent choice.
It has many of the same features as the Tradesman but also includes some extra comforts and stylishness. The Express is your best bet if you’re searching for a vehicle that can perform almost any task.
Next, you may want to compare Tradesman vs Big Horn trim.
Over to you!
The Ram truck lineup is one of the most reputed and trustable. If you’re looking for a workhorse that can take a beating, look no further than the Ram Tradesman or Express models. Both are incredibly durable trucks that will serve you well. The main difference between the two lies in their focus: the Tradesman prioritizes work, while the Express focuses on style. So, choose the right truck for you depending on your needs and preferences.