The 5 Best Exhaust Systems for RAM 1500 5.7 HEMI
The exhaust system is one of the most critical parts of any vehicle. It helps to increase the performance and efficiency of your engine by providing better airflow and less resistance within. A poorly designed exhaust system can damage your engine, while a well-engineered one can improve its overall performance.
In this article, we will discuss some of the best exhaust systems on the market today so you can find the perfect fit for your truck.
We’ve got you covered no matter what your budget is or what kind of power you’re looking for. So let’s get started!
Before you choose an exhaust system for your RAM 1500 5.7 HEMI truck…
A few things to consider when selecting the perfect exhaust system for your RAM 1500 truck featuring a 5.7 HEMI engine. First, you’ll want to decide what kind of sound you’re looking for. Do you want a deep, throaty growl or a more subtle rumble? There are exhaust systems available to produce both sounds.
Next, you’ll want to consider the materials from which the exhaust system is made. Stainless steel is the best choice for durability and rust resistance, but it can be more expensive than other options. Aluminized steel is an excellent budget-friendly alternative.
Finally, consider the installation process. Some exhaust systems are relatively easy to install, while others may require more time and effort. Select an exhaust system compatible with your truck’s model year and trim level. [On the sideline, if you are having bogging issues with your HEMI 5.7 engine then check this guide out. ]
With all these factors in mind, you’re sure to find the perfect exhaust system for your RAM truck with a 5.7 HEMI engine.
Here are the 5 best exhaust systems for RAM 1500 (All models) 5.7 HEMI
1. Borla ATAK Dual Exhaust System For 2019-22 RAM 1500 5.7L HEMI
- Fits All 2019-2022 5.7L RAM 1500 Models
- Dual exhaust system with rear exit
- Produces a very loud and aggressive sound
- Improves horsepower gains
- Comes with ATAK Muffler & Y-Pipe design
- 3-Inch diameter inlet & 2.50-inch outlet
- Boasts2x5-inch black chrome tips
- High-quality stainless steel built
- Does not fit 2019+ RAM 1500 classic models
If you’re looking for an exhaust system that will make your 2019-2022 RAM 1500 5.7L HEMI sound aggressive and give it a healthy horsepower boost, then you need the Borla ATAK Dual Exhaust System. This system comes with Borla’s ATAK muffler for a fantastic sound, a Y pipe design, and a 3-inch diameter inlet/2.50-inch outlet for increased performance. Best of all, it’s made from high-quality stainless steel for durability and has black chrome tips for an excellent look. It’s also easy to install and fits all 2019-2022 5.7L RAM 1500 models (except 2019+ RAM 1500 Classic models). However, it is on the expensive side.
- The system produces a very loud and aggressive sound
- It helps increase the vehicle’s horsepower gains
- Boasts stylish 2×5-inch black chrome tips
- Exhaust tip exit is at the rear
- It’s expensive
- Doesn’t fit 2019+ RAM 1500 Classic models
2. Flowmaster FlowFX For 2009-18 RAM 1500 5.7L HEMI
- Fits All 2009-2018 5.7L RAM 1500 Models with Factory Dual Exhaust
- Durable tubular stainless steel construction
- Dual exhaust system with black tips
- Rear exhaust exit
- Moderately aggressive exhaust note
- Boosts Exhaust Gas Flow for Extra Performance
- Single inlet, dual outlet straight through muffler design
- Two 4-inch, slant-cut, Black, ceramic-coated exhaust tips
- Straightforward Installation
If you’re looking for a high-quality and affordable exhaust system for your RAM 1500 5.7L HEMI, then you can’t go wrong with the Flowmaster FlowFX. This system is made from durable stainless steel and features dual exhaust tips with a rear exit design. It also has a moderately aggressive exhaust note that will boost your truck’s performance. Best of all, the installation is straightforward, and it fits all 2009-2018 5.7L RAM 1500 models with factory dual exhaust. So, if you’re looking for an upgrade that won’t break the bank, the Flowmaster FlowFX should be at the top of your list.
- Durable construction
- Moderately aggressive exhaust note
- Boosts exhaust gas flow
- Affordable price
- None noted
3. MBRP 2.50-Inch Series For 2009-18 RAM 1500
- Fits 2009 to 2018 5.7L Dodge RAM 1500 model
- Aluminized 409 stainless steel construction
- Direct Bolt-on installation
- Dual exhaust system with mirror polished tips
- Rear exit
- Rich, mellow exhaust note
- 2.5″ pipe sizing
- Boosts torque and horsepower
- Most affordable exhaust system
MBRP offers a great exhaust system for the RAM 1500 5.7 HEMI that is made from aluminized 409 stainless steel for durability, and it allows a direct bolt-on installation. This dual exhaust system comes with mirror-polished tips and a rear exhaust exit. It fits 2009 to 2018 models with the factory dual exhaust. It also has a rich, mellow exhaust note and a straight-through muffler design that catches eyeballs and adds additional torque and horsepower to your arsenal. Plus, its impressive build quality makes it one of the most affordable options on the market.
- Good build quality
- Boosts torque and horsepower
- Not the most stylish
4. Flowmaster Outlaw Dual Exhaust For 2006-08 RAM 1500
- Fits 2006-2008 5.7L Dodge RAM 1500 Models
- Dual exhaust system
- Side/Rear exhaust exit type
- Stylish black ceramic 4″ tips
- Complete cat-back system
- Durable stainless steel construction
- Aggressive Sound Profile
- Lifetime Limited Warranty
- Premium exhaust system
Flowmaster Outlaw exhaust systems are designed for the most aggressive sound profile possible. It’s a high-performance exhaust system that will give you the loud, throaty sound you’ve been looking for in your truck.
The black ceramic 4″ tips add a touch of style to your ride, and the stainless steel construction ensures superior quality and durability. This system is a complete cat-back system that can be installed easily.
The Outlaw Dual Exhaust comes with two pipes. They connect to one muffler, producing two different sounds: one when you’re driving normally and another when you accelerate or brake hard.
This system comes with everything needed to install it on your truck—including fittings for hangers.
The Flowmaster Outlaw Dual Exhaust is available in two sizes: 1-5/8 and 2.5-inch pipes. The larger pipe size will give you more horsepower and torque; however, it’s also louder than the smaller pipes.
It’s designed to fit on your truck perfectly and should require little or no modification when installing.
- Premium finished exhaust system for performance boost
- Aggressive sound profile
- Easy bolt-on installation
- Black ceramic tip for the stylish look
- Expensive price point
5. MBRP R101968 Installer Series For 2003-08 RAM 1500
- Fits 2003-2008 5.7L Dodge RAM regular
- Single exhaust system
- Aluminized steel MBRP muffler
- Single side exit exhaust
- Polished 3.5″ Exhaust Tip
- Makes a medium loud sound
- Delivers that additional horsepower boost
- 3-Year Limited Warranty
The MBRP R101968 is a complete stainless steel exhaust system that includes a mandrel bent primary tube, CNC mandrel bent secondary tubes, and a polished stainless steel muffler with a polished tip. This is the perfect option to go all out on your Ram 1500 5.7 HEMI build!
It features high-flow mufflers that have been designed specifically for this application. Made from 304 stainless steel construction and are equipped with welded flanges for increased strength and durability over stock applications.
This exhaust system is perfect for your truck if you have a more classic RAM 1500 made between 2003-2008.
- Delivers a medium loud note
- Noticeable performance boost
- Impressive material quality
- 3 Year warranty
- Probably the cheapest exhaust system for RAM 1500
- May not add a touch of style to your truck
- Single exhaust pipe
You will also want to check out our popular recommendation for 5.7 HEMI Cam Mods.
The best exhaust system for RAM 1500 5.7 HEMI is one that suits your needs.
Your needs: What are your priorities? Are you looking for a quiet truck, or do you want to be able to hear the engine over long distances? Do you want more power or more fuel efficiency?
Your budget: How much can you afford to spend on an exhaust system? If this is your first time buying one, it’s best to start small and work your way up. For example, if there is no need for an expensive dual muffler setup like those on some more expensive trucks (like Ram 1500), then buying just one single muffler may be all that’s needed to achieve the desired result—and won’t cost much at all!
Over to you
The best exhaust system for RAM 1500 5.7 HEMI is one that suits your needs. It’s not just about the sound, but also about how it looks and what it can do for you! We hope this article has helped narrow down your choices so that you can find an exhaust system that works well with your truck and lifestyle.
You must log in to post a comment.